In order to take full advantage of your free credit reports, I suggest that you request a free report every 4 months from the different credit agencies. This time I’m detailing the process to request a free credit report from Experian
Here are the steps necessary:
1. go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp
2. select your state and click “request report”
3. fill in your personal information, security characters from picture, and click “continue”
4. select Experian and click “next”
5. click “next” again
6. enter last four digits of your social security number and click “submit”
7. choose extras if you want to pay, I never do, click “annual credit report” at the bottom in gray.
8. check “I have read and agree to Experian’s Terms & Conditions, etc” if you accept them, click “Submit”
9. answer the “identity verification” questions and click continue.
10. click “print report” in upper right section of page.
11. print report
If you find there is something amiss, contact that agency immediately. You can contact Experian at 866-397-3742. In 4 months I will remind you to get another report from TransUnion.