10. Get your things organized and to your preparer as soon possible to avoid needing to file an extension.
9. If you owe a lot or are getting a big refund, adjust your with-holdings or quarterly estimated payments now.
8. If you can deduct an IRA contribution and owe tax, consider making a contribution before April 15 and getting it on your 2010 tax return.
7. If you have kids in college, and don’t have a 529 plan, set one up and put this year’s tuition in it now.
6. Start your file now for 2011 tax data.
5. …Read More